Girl Mom - Support, community, and education for young moms. GirlMom.com is designed and moderated BY and FOR young mothers. The site includes a fabulous online resources list.
Alateen - Alateen is part of Al-Anon, which helps families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend. Alateen is a recovery program for young people.
Go Ask Alice - Columbia University
• Submit questions on health-related issues, including AOD use
• Searchable archive of questions and responses
In the Know
• Information on effects of alcohol and other drugs
• Information about sexual health and behavior
• Self-assessment for alcohol/drug problems
NIDA for Teens: The Science Behind Drug Abuse - National Institute on Drug Abuse
• Fact sheets on steroids, ecstasy, marijuana, nicotine, and addiction
• Stories from teens about drug problems
• Answers to frequently asked questions about drug effects
TeensHealth - Information on health-related topics with links to additional resources. Special sections on the body, the mind, drugs and alcohol, sexual health, food and fitness, schools and jobs
National Runaway Switchboard
Texas Runaway Hotline
The Open Directory: Family: Runaways - Lists resources for teens and families
Sex, Etc. - Newsletter written by teens for teens on important health and sexuality issues.
Advocates for Youth - Champions efforts to help young people make informed and responsible decisions about their reproductive and sexual health.
Scarlet Teen - With Pink Slip and Boyfriend, a sex education and sexuality information site for teens.
Teenwire - Sexuality and relationship information from the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
WhatUDo - Presenting AIDS/HIV prevention facts, options, and action to teens and young adults. From UCSF.