Online Writing Groups and Workshops for Adults
Classes beginning in Fall 2014
Take your writing to the next level: Join a Writing Pod or Craft Class!
Online MG/YA Writing PodsAre you writing or revising a young adult (YA) or middle grade (MG) novel? Join a Writing Pod—a supportive 3-person group plus instructor Deborah Davis—to receive instruction, encouragement, and feedback as you develop your manuscript.>
- Meet online via Google Hangouts.
- Eight 2-hour sessions.
- Receive individualized, focused attention: each Pod is limited to just 3 participants.
- Submit one chapter (up to 12 pages) per meeting.
- Receive constructive feedback and customized writing assignments.
- Do in-class writing exercises designed for improving your work.
- Cost: $550.
- Instructor permission needed to join. See Pod Application Info below.
Time & Dates:
Pod #1 meets online every other Thursday starting September 4, 2014, 2:00-4:00 pm.
Pod #2 meets online every other Monday night, 7:00-9:00 pm, starting September 8, 2014.
Pod Application Info: To apply to join a Writing Pod, please send one chapter or up to 12 pages of your novel-in-progress (or another writing sample, if you haven't started your novel) to deborah [at] deborahdavisauthor [dot] com. Please include your phone number and the best times to reach you.
Middle Grade/Young Adult Online Craft Class
Take your writing to a new level in a supportive online writing craft class with a focus on writing for children and young adults. Join me weekly online for 10 weeks. You'll improve your craft through inspiring, motivating writing exercises.
We'll meet live and online via Google Hangouts to:
- examine excerpts by master MG and YA authors
- identify why the writing we love is so effective
- learn advanced techniques for crafting voice, character, setting, dialogue, plot, and more
- practice creating compelling, evocative, master-inspired prose
- receive on-the-spot supportive feedback
Where: Online via Google Hangouts (Google Hangouts is easy-to-use videoconferencing. You will be instructed on how to download the free software for it and how to use it.)
Dates: 10 Thursdays beginning September 11, 2014
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm