Writing Classes in BerkeleyAre you writing or revising a YA or MG novel? Would you like a combination of instruction, support, and feedback as you develop your manuscript?
Classes beginning in July 2012
I have two openings for the Fall Session of my ongoing Get-It-Written Group. Here are the details:
- Eight sessions
- In each session, 2 hours of facilitated critique and 1 hour of writing exercises and discussion focusing on specific craft topics.
- Group meets every other Thursday morning, September 27 through November 15, from 9 am to 12 pm.
- Group limited to 6 participants
- Submit one chapter (up to 12 pages) per meeting for feedback and discussion.
- Location: My home in North Berkeley, near Solano Ave.
- Cost: $500.
- New participants accepted by instructor permission after submitting a writing sample.
To apply for the Get-It-Written Group, please send one chapter or up to 12 pages of your novel-in-progress (or another writing sample, if you haven't started your novel) to deborah [at] deborahdavisauthor [dot] com. Please include your phone number and the best times to reach you.
Deborah Davis is the author of three award-winning novels for children and young adults and the editor of a nonfiction anthology. She has taught writing classes and critiqued manuscripts for 22 years. Recently she earned an MFA in writing for children and young adults, so she's fairly bursting with new knowledge and insights about writing for young people. Her latest novel is Not Like You. For more info, visit http://www.deborahdavisauthor.com